Saturday, May 7, 2011

Birthday's come and go

It's official, I'm a whole nother year older..... :(  But oh well.  I had a great birthday this year.  Spent it with my brother and his family.  It was a beautiful day at the beach! I couldn't have asked for a nicer day.  this photos was taken out at Gearheart looking towards seaside.  It was at like 7:30 am ish.  We wanted to get down there early for low tide.  Not because it was a great low tide, but because it's the time of year when the sand dollars wash up on the beach.  I'm not sure if they wash up any other time of year, but I remember last year for my birthday we found a few.  We didn't get a whole bunch, but we got enough.  It was a lot of fun!

Here's Minion looking for some sand dollars.  You can kind of see some of the broken ones in this picture.  There were lots of broken ones.  It was lots of fun!!

 Obligatory Mother/Daughter shot.
It was fun too because I got to have breakfast with a friend from high school that I haven't seen in 5 years.  They were staying at Gearheart and joined us for breakfast at Pig 'n' Panckake.  I had the dungenous crab omelette.  So good!!!  Minion had pancakes.

After breakfast is when Steve and everyone showed up!  :)  We played on the bumper cars, the tilt a whirl and we rented one of those multi-person bike things.  That was fun!  We stopped like every 5 minutes because everyone kept getting tired and they weren't able to keep going.  Everyone laughed, smiled and waved at us.  It was great!
Here's Steve and the kids.  Sadly we didn't have someone to take a picture of all of us on it, but there were 3 more adults on there.  It was crammed, but oh so fun!  What was even funnier, is I had bought candy cigarettes for the kids and as we peddled through downtown seaside, they all had them in their mouths.  It was hilarious!!  Steve and Jamie were so thrilled.  But hey, what are aunties for!
Here's a good picture of most of us playing the bumper cars.  Jaime wasn't able to join us unfortunately, but that was good because she was able to take lots of pictures for us!

Here's Steve trying to get into his car.  He had left the lights on and couldn't get in.  The key didn't work in the door and the keyless entry wasn't working because the battery was dead.  It took about 4 hours and 2 AAA guys to get into it.  While him and Josh did that, Jamie and I took the kids down to the beach.  It was so warm.
Not sure how well you can see it, but the sun had this huge ring around it.  I've never seen that before, at least not one that big.  I wish I had something to compare it the size to.  But it was pretty cool.
This was my favorite picture of the kids.  So cute.

Here's Steve cooking my birthday dinner.  Hot dogs and lobster!!  Too bad I can't eat lobster. :(  But I bet it was yummy!! 

It was a great day all in all!!  I don't think I could have asked for a better birthday!  Thanks to everyone who was thinking of me and who spent it with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment