Thursday, August 19, 2010

My first Poppet!!

I did it!  I finally made my very first poppet!!  She looks pretty good to.  With some practice I'll get better, but for my first I'm happy with her.  I have decided to giver her to my daughter as a welcome home present.  I got one in the mail a few weeks ago, and she said she wanted one.  So now she will have one!  I have some fun  fabric that I will use to make her some clothes and I have a box i bought last year that I was gonna use to put another doll that I was going to make for her.  Now I think it will be perfect for the pretty poppet I made.  I can't wait to post pics of her!  I need to get a new card reader first though.  Mine has finally died.  Cheap piece of crap! 
I gave the doll blue eyes, and will give her brown hair like my daughter has.  She's pretty big, about 18" or so. 
She was a learning experience to, I can't wait to make more now that I know how easy they are to make, and how fast they whip up to.  So many different kinds that you can make to!  If anyone is interested the original forum that they are in can be found here: Poppet and Punkin Forum

Here's the picture of her, she still needs hair though.



Happy Thursday everyone!!

No comments:

Post a Comment