Sunday, September 19, 2010

Good news!!

Woohoo!!  I weighed myself today!  And it was good news!!  I don't remember when I last weighed myself, I know it's been about a month, maybe less.  I was up at oma & opa's and actually remembered to use their scale.  )It goes higher than mine.)  At first, it looked like I had gained like 20 lbs, but I was reading it off the reflection in the stove while trying to hide it from my mother.  I don't exactly want her to see the number.  She knows it's a lot and that's all she needs to know.  So I waited for her to leave the kitchen and wieghed myself again.  I was shocked when I saw the number!  I almost squeeled with joy!  Just to double check that maybe I had been standing on the scale wrong, I weighed myself again.  It was the same both times.  I have lost 9 lbs since the last time I weighed myself!  So exciting!!  I didn't really think that I had lost anything because I can't feel it in my clothes yet.  But that's good, I know I'm on the right track with what I'm doing!  It makes me so happy!!  I think what makes it the best is that I'm doing this all by myself!  No help from anyone!  I mean besides the moral support.  No one has forced me into this, or is paying for me to be on a diet plan, I'm doing it all on my own, and all for me!  I'm so happy that it's working!  I think what's really helping is that I'm starting off slow.  Even though it wasn't my original plan, I feel better knowing that I'm being succesful without trying super duper hard.  This means that as I continue it will only get easier.  I think another fantastic part of it is that I haven't cut out ANYTHING!!  I still eat my chocolate, chips, pizza, etc.  The only difference is now instead of eating a whole bunch of chocolate, I have a moderate portion.  Same thing with pizza and chips.  Before I could eat a whole large pizza by myself, then I could eat a whole medium, now I can still eat half a medium, but I'm working on eating less.  I definatley think my stomach has shrunk.  I can't eat a whole ton of stuff anymore, and I'm glad.  I'm not sure why it's shrunk, but I'm just thankful it has.
Ok, so now on to some other stuff.  I finally made it to costco today & got my vitamins.  So, right now, I am going to be taking in the morning, my multivitamin, 2 glucosamine, 2 omega 3 gelcaps, and my 2 focus factor.  Then during another meal, I will be taking 2 omega 3 gelcaps and 2 more focus factor.  One thing I have learned is that you have to eat your vitamins with food.  So I will be taking the larger packet with breakfast, and the other one either at lunch or dinner.  I haven't decided yet.  I also got my organic green tea.  To help boost my metabolism, I have to drink 3 cups of organic green tea a day.  I just have to remember to have one at breakfast, one at lunch and one with dinner, or before I leave for work.  Green  tea is one of those ones that I can do without sugar, so if I need it to be sweeter, I can add some honey to it.  I'm hoping that once the vitamins start kicking in I'll have more energy and be able to get up at 4:30 in the morning and go for that walk or something.  The bonus thing is that since it will be dark, I can run if I want to.  I know I can't run very well, but it would be dark, so it's ok :)
So I guess that's my update for now  I'm just so excited, 9 lbs!!  I don't think I've ever done that without being sick.  Now that I know what I'm doing is working, I can start being a little more intentional with it.  Well, not really intentional, becasue I've been making and effort from the begginig, that's the word.  I can start making more of an effort.  I have this awesome little journal I got at micheal's for $1 that I can use as a journal to keep track of everything.  Also, I've decided not to look at this as a diet, but as a lifestyle change becasue that's exactly what it is.  I'm not dieting, I'm making a lifestyle change.  Makes it sound better to. :)
Well, I'm tired so I'm going to take this oppertunity to go to bed early, well, maybe watch something on hulu while I lay in bed. :)

Night!

No comments:

Post a Comment